To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.  406-837-4566

What information do I need to make an online payment?

The bill pay portal will require two pieces of information:

  • Your web ID which is printed on bill cards on the right side of the card.  
  • The first 4 letters of the first name on the account.  (For tenants, this will be the owner's name)

You may make a quick payment without an online account, but you may wish to set up an account in order to check balances, statements, etc.  

Call our office for assistance.  We are happy to help!  

I am a tenant and cannot get into my account to make a payment . . .

To access your account you will the Web ID printed on the bill and the first four letters of the account owner's name.  Tenant names will not work!  Call if you cannot access your account. 

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the meter reading numbers may have been transposed or the meter hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.  

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Why do I still have a bill when I'm away for the winter and not using any water?

Our billing is based on annual revenue required from each property and service size. The annual fee is divided by 12 and becomes the minimum monthly fee.  Even if the usage is 0 gallons, the minimum applies. 

Each minimum monthly fee includes a water allowance which varies by size of service.  

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

If it is just one faucet, try cleaning the aerator screen.  If it is all all fixtures, call our office and we'll come out and check.

What chemicals does Bigfork Water add to the water?

Ordinarily the District adds nothing to the water! Occaisonally though, there might be a need to chlorinate the system - for example when repairs are done or infrastucture is added.  When that is necessary, only chemicals that are approved by the Montana Department of Environmental Quality for treatment of drinking water are used within prescribed guidelines.    

Why is my water cloudy?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the cloudy look.

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

What is our mailing address

PO BOX 1108